Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Things of Interest Today

"Life is weather. Life is meals. Lunches on a blue checked cloth on which salt has spilled. The smell of tobacco. Brie, yellow apples, wood-handled knives." James Salter

***

Malayalam is a bloody hard language, if you will pardon my French here. But learn it I shall, even if my tongue swells up in shock with over work.

***

Kathleen Alcott is current most favourite writer. And Gloria Kiconco who is also a friend.

***

For a brief few seconds, we rode behind a jeep filled in the back with soldiers in camouflage holding really big long guns. In the mayhem that is this city's traffic, I was allowed a direct sight into the eye of the gun. They seemed like they would be trigger happy. It was a deeply disturbing sight. In a country that does not officially have a war underway, in a city that is peaceful save for road rage and pub noise, surely there is a law that says you can't shove a gun into the faces of the people riding behind you on a bike?

***

It feels freaking good to write these words. At. This. Moment.

Here.

***

I learnt how to make a single sheet 8-page booklet. Pretty darn proud because I have never been very crafty. Now I will go make more and/or write something in the one I made with a yellow coloured page.

No comments: