Friday, April 23, 2010

Update

Hello there, you dear people. I have all but disappeared, haven't I? My apologies. I hate doing this, not writing for long. I hate not having the pleasure of hitting the publish button, so much easier to me than a lot else.

It has been over a month now since I stopped working. And honestly, life has been largely good ever since. I miss the whole idea of waking up and going to a place to work, I miss the people and the things I associate with journalism, but I am also doing a lot of things I love a lot more. For one, I have been travelling like mad, home, elsewhere. I have been reading a lot, almost as much as in college. I have been attempting a lot of writing too, and I am glad that is coming along satisfactorily.

I just got back from a trekking trip to the Himalayas. Knowing my love for the mountains, you can imagine how it must have been. A travelogue is coming up shortly. Gosh, it was one chaotic trip, I must say! A crazy bunch of us did West Bengal and ended up going to Sikkim and getting some fantastic views of the mountains. There was torture to the body, long conversations, laughter, many stories, many lovely memories, new friends. But more on that in another post. Do check back tomorrow please for that.

As for other things in life, I am currently feeling awful for a few friends for the mess they are in; life can be (profanities here). I also feel awful about a friend for things that should not have happened with us. To you, I am really sorry for everything, though I know you will not believe me.

I have to lash out here at a few members of my darling family for being the people they have become. To you, Iet me be. I am not answerable to you, I don't see the need to explain my actions to you all either. So, do be modest and know that I may not even like you enough to tolerate your attempts at "advising" me. I am only pretending to be nice, only because my parents taught me to be so. A disclaimer: I meant this for some in the family alone.

Past that negativity, a lot of things have been keeping me occupied, like I said. I recommend Mohsin Hamid's The Reluctant Fundamentalist. I simply loved the way it is written. Pakistani literature is quite good, I must say.

I am waiting to watch The Japanese Wife, Aparna Sen's new movie. The story was a good one by Kunal Basu.

Yes, you are right, this is another of those random posts :-)

I am disabling comments on future posts on this blog. No reason, just a whim. If you should like to tell me something, please mail me instead, would appreciate that. There is a travelogue coming up tomorrow; yes I am tempting! LOL!

For now, I am getting inspired again. Travel, people, life is inspiring again and I see many stories around me. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: