Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving On.....

A colleague and a fabulous writer, Bishwanath Ghosh, in his last column for The New Indian Express wrote about moving on. I so loved and agreed with everything he said.

I agree the expression moving on is a very convenient excuse. He had written....

"Any new dream, alas, has to be built on the grave of an old dream. Whether you rejoice at the new dream, or shed tears for the old — the choice is yours. But the bottomline is, you have to move on...."

I am moving on too. I am trying to weave a new dream out of the frayed threads of the old one. Its like that line from the movie Motorcycle Diaries where Che Guevara says (I para phrase) 'Every moment is split into two, you rejoice in anticipation of the new, even as you feel a pang of sadness at leaving something behind.'
I agree. The place I am in currently gave me so much joy. Lessons I here, stories I wrote here will always be closest to my heart. A heart heavy with all that I learnt, lived and wrote, I move on too, to newer stories, newer lessons and a newer life.

The journey continues.......



3 comments:

Karthik L G said...

all the best deepa.. wow I love those dialogues abt the expectations of the unexplored and the sadness of leaving the comforts of the explored land.. drope me a mail with ur number buddy..its been so long. we shud catch up some time

veena said...

motorcycle diaries... Deepa u still remember that movie dialogues... good luck in times...

Ashley said...

Best wishes wherever your journey takes you!