Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Still Here



In one of Ruskin Bond's books I read ages ago, there was a Mexican proverb that went, 'Oh to do nothing and then to rest!' I admit I haven't been doing much, yet been kind of busy (or lazy, you could call it). The truth of the matter is that I am currently going through a phase in life, a not too kind one. Too many things occupy my mind....

Just to tell you dear readers that I am still here, the lazy me is posting two lovely pictures Manju took last year in Madikeri. The first is one of the town, a view from one part of the town I had not appreciated till I saw it in the picture. The second one is a stone arrangement he made in our garden, co-ordinating it with the sun ray pattern of the flower paths that I had designed for ma. The torrential rains of Madikeri have washed the arrangement away, but I intend to set it up again, some day. I love the arrangement and the picture. By the way, sun rays happen to be amongst some of my favourite designs/patterns/themes.

Speaking of Madikeri, I am just back from there. Spent some heavenly days there, went trekking alone, talked, took pictures, revelled in my beautiful renovated home, loved it there, as always.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh to do nothing and then to rest.

I wish I could have just a week of that!!!

Take care!

jsr said...

just stumbled upon your blog! good writing, and I can see the travel bug in your writing :)
Keep writing!
cheers

Deepa Bhasthi said...

i wish so too Ashley, again! it was such a joy to do absolutely nothing but get treated like a princess by family!

Thanks JSR. Saw your Leh pictures, one place i have been dying to go for ages!

jsr said...

yeah that is one amazing place to be! this year trip on cards! exploring more places around leh/hanley/chumtang/tso moriri!
maybe hope to see you there this year :)

cheers