Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bangalored!

About a month ago, I was away on a brief holiday to Mumbai and Aurangabad to see Ajanta and Ellora caves. Took off from work for a week. The most amazing thing when I was away was how much I was actually missing work and office and the city. Work, I can understand, I have always been a workaholic. But missing Bangalore? Never thought I would miss the city. But I did, desperately and was so happy when the plane touched the runway at the Bangalore airport. For the first six months that I was here, I had terrible health problems because of the pollution. I hated the lace and was seriously considering moving out. But, like they say, very fortunately, I did not move out.

I guess the city has just grown on me. I am a small town girl, never too comfortable in a big place. But Bangalore, my little home, work, office, this little universe that I have created around myself, this is good.

I suppose I have been Bangalored!

2 comments:

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

How I love Bangalore and some Bangaloreans!

ಸಿಬಂತಿ ಪದ್ಮನಾಭ Sibanthi Padmanabha said...

Even those who have been kidnapped by someone, later start to admire the kidnappers-:)