Monday, February 06, 2006

Two Docus And A Cold Later

Its been a while since I blogged. I did miss the art of expression that has become so much a part of me today but then, it was a welcome break, I got a lot of issues and places to write on.

I went home this weekend with a few friends to shoot a documentary on Dubare Elephant Camp near Madikeri, a unique place where you can bathe and feed the elephants. We did that for two days and even managed to cross the red tape of Indian bureaucracy to get permission to go into the reserve forest. That was an experience in itself. We got a lot of pictures, all digital, so I can upload them soon.

Back home, ma suggested we shoot the life of basket weavers who had set up camp in the fields below my house. Mahesh and I got some great footage.

It was a productive weekend. I used the movie camera, something I have never been comfortable doing. We felt so privileged to walk in the forests, something that no one usually gets to do. We got to see elephants in their natural environ, just being themselves, something you normally do not get to see. I mean to write everything in detail. Not today, because I also caught a cold and I have been known to form pretty incoherent words when I am sick. So there!

2 comments:

ShaK said...

I envy you for being one of those lucky few who are always in touch with Mother Nature. I enjoyed your description of the wonderful surroundings you have around yourself.

Keep writing...keep sharing.

ShaKri

San Nakji said...

Ha ha, I have really weird dreams when I am sick...
The elephant park sounds wonderful. As I keep saying, one day... one day...